Youth in Care:
- Youth in care who are turning 19 during the pandemic can continue to stay where they have been living past their 19th birthday. This is in effect until March 31, 2022.
Youth on Independent Living and Youth Agreements:
- Youth will continue to receive their monthly living support past their 19th birthday until March 31, 2022.
- Coverage for MSP, Pharmacare, medical supplies and Pacific Blue Cross remain in place.
Youth in Care Transitioning to CLBC:
- If you are turning 19 and are to be transitioning to CLBC services, you might be supported to maintain your current placement during the pandemic, where appropriate.
- CLBC and SCCFS will work closely with you to ensure a smooth transition.
Youth Who Have Recently Aged Out of Care or a Youth Agreement:
- If you aged out of care or a Youth Agreement anytime since January 1, 2020 we are here to support you!
- You may qualify for the Agreements with Young Adults (AYA) Program. A new Temporary Life Skills Program has been made available and provides increased options for young people who qualify for AYA, including virtual opportunities.
- You will need to commit to 5 hours of programming each week for 12 weeks.
- We can also support you to access federal and/or provincial benefits that have been made available in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Agreements with Young Adults (AYA):
- The Agreements with Young Adults Program is offering a temporary life skills option until September 30, 2021.
- Program eligibility has been expanded, decreasing the number of hours a young person is required to participate.
- Cultural programming, cultural healing and cultural wellness have been included in the temporary life skills option.
- Young people can be on a Temporary Housing Agreement and an Agreement with Young Adults at the same time.
For more information, please call our office at (250) 383-2990 or toll free at 1-855-383-2990.
You can also contact the BC Representative for Children and Youth (RCY) at 1-800-476-3933 or by email at email@example.com.
Provincial Centralized Screening staff are available 24/7 to support you and can be reached at 1-800-663-9122.