The fastest and easiest way to solve a problem is to talk to your worker directly. If this doesn’t work, you can ask to speak to your worker’s supervisor. If you still feel that your complaint isn’t resolved, you can then ask to speak to the agency’s Executive Director.


You can make a complaint about the decisions and/or actions of any delegated service offered by SCCFS. A delegated service is a service provided under the Child, Family and Community Services Act.

Not all types of complaints are accepted. If there is another way to have your concern heard, the complaint will not be accepted. Some examples of this include court matters or hearings under the Mental Health Act.


Thank you for your message. It has been sent.
There was an error trying to send your message. Please try again later.


If you disagree with a decision made by SCCFS or think you were treated unfairly, you have the option of contacting a Complaints Specialist at the Ministry for Children & Family Development (MCFD):

By telephone: 1-877-387-7027
By TTY: 1-800-661-8773
By email:

The Complaints Specialist will tell you about the complaints process and hear your complaint. If your complaint is not accepted, the Complaints Specialist will explain why and tell you if there is another process to have your complaint reviewed.

You have the option of choosing a Complaints Resolution Process or an Administrative Review.


The Complaints Specialist can help you talk to your worker or their supervisor about your concerns and help you come to a resolution.


A person who is not involved in your complaint will review your concerns and may make recommendations. You will receive an explanation for the decision. Once the Administrative Review is complete, your complaint is closed.


You can contact an advocate at the Representative for Children and Youth’s (RCY) office who can support you to make a complaint. The RCY supports children, youth and young adults receiving designated services or accessing programs funded by the government. The Representative for Children and Youth (RCY):

Toll Free: 1-800-476-3933


  • Anyone who receives, or thinks they should receive services from SCCFS;

  • The Representative for Children and Youth.

You can also ask another person to support you to make a complaint. This might be a friend, a family member, a community support person, or someone else you know.

Please Remember

  • You will not be in trouble for making a complaint.
  • We are here to help you.
  • W e want to hear from you.
  • You CAN and SHOULD ask for help.
  • Your ideas are important.
  • You have RIGHTS

Foster parents are covered by special protocols, so concerns about their own care giving situation should be brought to the attention of their agency fostering contact.

  • Being treated with respect and dignity.
  • Fairness.
  • Sensitivity to a culture.
  • Telling you what to expect in your dealings with the agency.
  • Involvement in case planning and decision-making about a child in care.
  • Quality of agency services.
  • Eligibility for or access to SCCFS services, and/or
  • Quality of agency services.
  • A breach of the rights of a child in care.

SCCFS encourages you to work with someone to support you when making a complaint. Anyone you choose – a relative, friend, doctor, or anyone else – can join you in making your complaint, or they can make the complaint for you. Also, you can ask the agency for names of people or organizations in your area that can help you. What is an advocate and how can an advocate help me make my complaint? An advocate is anyone who helps you speak up and be included in the process. Sometimes a problem seems very difficult or feels overwhelming. If you feel this way, an advocate might be able to help you. Anyone you choose can be your advocate – family, friends, or community representatives. Or, ask the agency for names and numbers of people and organizations in your area who can act as an advocate or provide support. You can also call the advocates listed below, free of cost.

Download Complaints Brochure